Coronavirus Protocol for Rehab
With the rising concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic and the spread of the coronavirus in the United States, new and unprecedented precautions are taking place across the country. Here at Banyan Treatment Centers, we are diligent in our efforts to protect our patients and staff according to guidelines recommended by the federal government.
Banyan’s Coronavirus Protocol
At Banyan Treatment Centers, our top priority is the health and safety of our patients and staff members. We have substance abuse treatment centers across the United States and are taking the coronavirus threat seriously at all of our locations. Our teams have started to implement specific coronavirus protocol for rehab centers in order to not only protect our current patients and staff members, but also those looking to start their recovery journey at one of our facilities.
Banyan Treatment Centers’ coronavirus protocol includes such measures as:
- Screening for coronavirus before admission
- Thorough cleaning and sanitation of facilities and supplies on a regular basis
- Asking staff to remain home if they exhibit any symptoms of coronavirus
- Continued monitoring of all patient’s health and signs of COVID symptoms
- Reducing the amount of close contact among patients and staff
- Readily available cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer
Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus in Rehab and The Outside World
Along with our specific COVID-19 protocol for rehab, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has outlined some tips on preventing the spread of coronavirus including:
- Washing hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water
- Using hand sanitizer
- Avoiding touching your face
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing and immediately wash your hands after
- Distancing yourself from others
- Avoid contact with anyone who may be sick
- Stay home and isolate yourself if you are feeling sick
- Disinfect frequently trafficked areas or touched items1
Regardless of your location, rehab may be a safer place than your current living situation. Along with a more controlled environment that is separated from the outside world, rehab also offers a hospital-like setting with medical personnel on staff. If you or your loved one is struggling with addiction, the time may be now to get professional help. We offer extensive options for substance abuse and mental health treatment.