As a leader in behavioral health treatment, Banyan Treatment Centers is committed to providing cutting-edge treatment practices to those suffering from substance use and co-occurring disorders. It is our belief that programming must be approached in a comprehensive way, fitting the needs of each individual. By doing so, Banyan patients are offered a truly unique treatment experience, affording them the opportunity to break free from negative thinking, unhealthy behaviors, and ultimately, addiction.
The experts at Banyan are diversely trained and credentialed in various backgrounds, bringing forth the necessary skills to implement an extensive selection of therapeutic modalities. Alongside traditional forms of care, such as CBT and DBT, patients can participate in holistic programming including massage, acupuncture, biofeedback, and more.
What is Biofeedback?
As it is our goal to offer quality solutions for those in need, we continuously apply integrative modalities that have proven to work. Our nationwide rehab facilities utilize various forms of care, one of which being the serenity bed at Banyan Treatment Centers. A form of biofeedback, the serenity bed is a groundbreaking tool, proven to aid in the treatment and recovery process. This innovative method has shown to assist in reducing stress, anxiety, withdrawal symptoms, crisis situations, and early discharge from treatment.
The serenity bed is a vibrational platform made of memory foam, which incorporates an audio and visual delivery system. Specifically, the audio/visual delivery system utilizes a variety of functions for maximum relief. Those functions include:
- Music therapy which is constructed through binaural beats and special healing frequencies
- Binaural beats, a proven Soundwave Therapy, induce a theta level meditative state
- Low frequency vibrations trigger a natural relaxation response
- Heart rhythm patterns synchronize the body
- Mindfulness is developed through guided meditation and positive affirmations
The concept behind the serenity bed at Banyan is to help alleviate racing thoughts that a patient may be experiencing. A meditative state is induced through guided imagery and music therapy, all of which are intended to address underlying issues, such as trauma, anxiety, and depression. Once the individual is fully relaxed, positive affirmations are played. This combined delivery system assists patients in overcoming negative thought patterns and behavioral issues that influence addictive and co-occurring disorders.
The Benefits of Biofeedback
Our patients have found great relief from our extensive array of holistic services, one of which being the serenity bed at Banyan. While our traditional forms of therapy offer patients the individualized support needed to break free from addiction, holistic therapies broaden the scope in which disorders are addressed and treated.
Evidence shows that biofeedback offers a number of benefits to the suffering individual. Those benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Mitigating withdrawal symptoms | Biofeedback has shown to reduce anxiety and fear associated with detox, along with reducing body aches and cravings. Additionally, this method can facilitate better sleep patterns, something most detox patients struggle with.
- Crisis Intervention | The serenity bed can be a great tool if a patient becomes overwhelmed, anxious, or even panicked during treatment. The calming effect induced by music therapy and vibrations brings the individual into a state of ease and comfort.
- Reduced Premature Discharge | Some patients will struggle during treatment, whether from detox symptoms, anxiety, or other underlying causes. This can prompt them to want to discharge before treatment is complete. The relaxation methods utilized in biofeedback have shown to greatly reduce the incidents of premature discharges.
- Trauma | Biofeedback has been known to help patients who have suffered a traumatic event in their life. The combination of guided imagery, relaxing vibrations, and positive affirmations assist the individual in developing healthier coping skills, rather than turning to drugs and alcohol.
Learn More Today
If you or your loved one is currently struggling with drugs or alcohol, help is available.
From the minute you pick up the phone, to the moment of discharge and beyond, we will be here to guide you every step of the way. No matter the circumstances you come to us with, the experts at Banyan are committed to constructing individualized treatment plans that fit your needs. From traditional forms of therapy to holistic modalities, our multidisciplinary approach to addiction treatment will provide you with the necessary tools for lasting success.
Please do not wait any longer. Contact us today. Addiction is a cunning, baffling disease, but there is a solution. Through effective treatment services, you can break free from addiction and begin living the life you were always meant to have.
Not all programs available at all locations. Please contact the location for availability.
Most Insurance Plans Accepted
At Banyan Treatment Centers, our goal is to make sure that anyone who needs treatment from drug and alcohol addiction are able to get the help needed to assist them on the road to recovery. If you don't have insurance contact us to inquire about alternate methods regarding treatment for yourself or a loved one.