Addiction Intervention Programs at Banyan
We know how difficult it can be to watch a loved one hurt themselves and those around them.
We understand the daily challenges that come with the constant worrying that your loved one is going to continue down the wrong path with drugs or alcohol. Every day is a struggle, and without the proper intervention services, there is no escape from the stress and worry of a loved one using drugs and alcohol. At our Banyan Treatment Center locations, we believe in treating the whole family so that each member can heal and grow together.
What Is an Intervention?
An intervention is a planned event to promote healing within the family. Many people believe the sole goal of intervention is to get someone into treatment. This, however, is not the case. An intervention is a family event focused on changing the reality for all affected by the addiction in question. This change occurs through education, boundary setting, ongoing support, and recovery planning.
An intervention is generally used when an addicted individual is unwilling to get help on their own. With the help of a professional addiction interventionist, a family can step in and help the affected individual recognize the need for treatment. Concurrently, the intervention is utilized to help the family be heard and begin healing themselves and their relationships. Each member gets the opportunity to express their feelings and how the addiction has personally impacted them.
How to Do an Intervention
There are certain steps needed to perform a successful addiction intervention. While it can seem like a daunting task to undertake, take comfort in the fact that there are trained professionals that can help. We will ensure that we do everything in our power to provide you and your loved one with the support needed to succeed.
What we provide at Banyan Treatment Centers:
- Help you to determine the best course of action moving forward.
- Gather information regarding the extent to which the addiction has affected the individual.
- Educate the family and anyone closely involved in the addicted individual’s life, along with information about the treatment program being considered.
- Decide who will be involved. Keep in mind that people who are overly emotional may be distracting and pull focus.
- Work with you to identify any enabling behavior that is contributing to addiction or denial.
- Set up an intervention plan.
- Hold a pre-intervention (family members and the professional interventionist only) to go over the intervention plan.
- Perform the intervention, often in the comfort of your own home.
- Help you stick to the boundaries outlined during the intervention.
- Continually develop and modify an ongoing recovery plan through collaboration between the family, the addicted individual, and the professional interventionist.
Not all interventions for addiction are successful the first time around. Don’t let this deter you from continuing to try and reach your loved one. It is not uncommon for families to try multiple times. It is also important to ensure that the addicted individual is sober, or as close as possible to sober, so they are mentally present during the meeting. Otherwise, they may not be able to register the things being said to them.
The Banyan Difference
Here at our addiction treatment facilities, we strive to involve the family on a deeper level throughout the recovery process. Our interventionists will engage with family members from the beginning, and we will guide them every step of the way. We will help family members to recognize what needs to change and how to do so, and we will work with them to achieve this. We believe in an ongoing dialogue and ongoing support with family therapy services to ensure the necessary voices are heard.
This highlights our recognition of the importance of healing the family dynamic and providing support throughout drug and alcohol treatment and thereafter. Intervention services and treatment are not the end. These are only the beginning of a successful recovery process. Our intervention team recognizes this need for ongoing support and care and will provide you with the support needed to help you and your loved one achieve long-term recovery.
Not all programs are available at all locations. Please contact the location for availability.
Other Treatment Options
Most Insurance Plans Accepted
At Banyan Treatment Centers, our goal is to make sure that anyone who needs treatment from drug and alcohol addiction are able to get the help needed to assist them on the road to recovery. If you don't have insurance contact us to inquire about alternate methods regarding treatment for yourself or a loved one.