The therapies offered by a facility are some of the most important factors of a successful recovery experience. However, recovery is not a one size fits all experience. Someone struggling with a substance use disorder will likely need professional care. There are a variety of evidence-based addiction treatment options that can be implemented to help these people overcome their struggles. Banyan Veterans in Recovery is proud to offer some of the most effective programs to develop successful addiction treatment strategies for our patients.
Forms of Evidence-Based Rehab Programs
For something to be accepted as evidence-based, it needs to have been studied and evaluated by researchers and published in a peer-reviewed journal. Many of these therapies address specific aspects of a patient's addiction. They can be used on their own or in combination with other methods. Banyan's Military rehab center is proud to offer a number of these therapy programs at our facility.
Common types of evidence-based addiction treatment include:
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders: Many people living with addiction have also struggled with some form of mental illness or trauma. This leads to a dual diagnosis and requires informed care to properly address both issues a patient is grappling with. A common example of this often seen at our Veteran’s rehab is the combination of PTSD and addiction.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: This teaches participants how to identify negative behaviors and thought patterns and what they can do to rectify their situations. It focuses on educating people on how to effectively deal with stress, cravings for their drug of choice, and what they can do in lieu of risking a relapse.
- Motivational Interviewing: This approach focuses on teaching patients how to visualize and identify specific problems they face, develop associated goals, and set up achievable plans to successfully overcome them.
- The Matrix Model: This employs some aspects of other methods, like CBT and contingency management, to comprehensively address addiction to stimulants. Participants work through an in-depth manual designed for their treatment and engage in a number of types of sessions, including those in individual and group settings.
- 12-Step Facilitation Therapy: This program focuses on increasing a patient’s likelihood of adopting the 12-step model founded by Alcoholics A
Medication-Assisted Treatment for Drug Addiction
Another evidence-based practice for addiction care is the use of medication. In certain cases, physicians and professionals can prescribe medication that is specifically designed to ease the symptoms of patients. While this can seem counterproductive due to the nature of the disease in question, it can still be useful in cases of withdrawal symptoms.
For instance, Suboxone is effective in managing opioid withdrawals and reducing cravings. Another example includes how drugs like Vivitrol can help by blocking neurological receptors responsible for the pleasurable effects of alcohol.
Our Veterans Addiction Treatment Centers Is Here to Help
If you or a loved one is struggling to overcome an addiction, take comfort in the fact that you are not alone. Our team of professionals is ready and waiting to help you overcome these challenges, and we will be with you every step of the way.
To learn more about our rehab for veterans, call Banyan Treatment Center today at 888-280-4763 and speak with one of our intake specialists.