Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs
Detoxification, or detox, is usually the first step in drug and alcohol addiction treatment. The focus of our drug and alcohol detox programs at Banyan Delaware is to safely wean patients off of the substances they’re addicted to. A medically assisted detox is one of the safest ways to treat the physical effects of addiction and manage withdrawal symptoms because it gives the body time to adjust to a state where it’s no longer reliant on drugs or alcohol. This process frees the patient from severe addiction cravings and offers 24-hour supervision to monitor withdrawal symptoms. Because our alcohol and drug detox programs in Delaware are also medically supervised, patients may be given medication to treat withdrawals if needed. Detox is a crucial step in healing from addiction and achieving long-term sobriety.
Do Detox Programs Work?
Yes, detox programs work. Many people are skeptical about detox programs because they’re worried about the possible side effects. It’s normal for individuals who have struggled with addiction for a long period of time to experience some discomfort and pain during the detox process.
Some common detox withdrawal symptoms include:
- Excessive sweating
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
In more severe cases, people may experience hallucinations and seizures. However, undergoing one of our medically monitored detox programs at Banyan Treatment Centers Delaware reduces the likelihood of these complications. Our medical staff are licensed, trained, and equipped to lead these treatments and supervise patients’ symptoms. We strongly advise against at-home detox and recommend our services to reduce the chances of these risks from occurring in yourself or a loved one.
What Are the Benefits of Medical Detox for Addiction?
At our Delaware drug and alcohol treatment center, patient health and safety are our top priorities. Our clients aren’t just numbers, they’re individuals who have different needs and requirements. Every person’s experience with addiction is different, and their substance abuse treatment should adapt to their unique needs. The best drug and alcohol detox programs are the ones that are medically monitored and held at a safe and comfortable rehab facility.
Our alcohol and drug detox programs in Milford offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Supervision: At our alcohol and drug detox center, the medical team that monitors these programs provides round-the-clock supervision to patients. This ensures that patients will always receive medical attention as needed and that any emergencies that may occur are immediately addressed.
- Medical assistance: Certain medications are given to patients during the detoxification process if required. These medications are often non-addictive and specifically designed to mitigate the severity and discomfort of withdrawal symptoms. Because these symptoms are the most intimidating aspect of detoxing, patients and their loved ones can rest easy knowing they’ll be as physically comfortable as possible.
- Reduced pain: The combination of a comfortable setting and medical assistance also reduces the degree of pain that may occur during detox. Pain makes it difficult for people to quit using certain substances and is one of the most common problems addicts face in recovery. To prevent this from happening, our staff makes it a priority to alleviate pain and ensure the process is safely completed.
- Safety: Because our detox programs are led by a trained staff of medical personnel, safety is guaranteed. We know that this process can be dangerous when done incorrectly, so we strive to keep patients as safe as possible during detox.
- Comfort and cleanliness: The comfort and cleanliness of a facility are also important to our staff and patients. We spare no expense in maintaining the cleanliness and overall environment of our facility. We want our patients to be comfortable during their detox and rehab programs.
- Increased chance of treatment completion: Detox programs are also beneficial because they increase patients’ chances of completing treatment and staying sober after rehab. Many substances are difficult to detox from, making the idea of quitting a nightmare for individuals with addictions. A smooth, safe, and effective detox program can erase this worry and improve their experience at our rehab center.
Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs Offered at Our Delaware Facility
Most patients complete detox before moving onto substance-specific treatment at our residential treatment facility in Delaware. This ensures that any addiction cravings, withdrawals, and any other physical or psychological symptoms are addressed before moving forward. Taking care of every detail is our job, and we’re here to make sure our patients are given every resource they need for a successful recovery and long-lasting sobriety.
Our Delaware drug detox center offers detox programs for substances including:
- Benzodiazepines (Benzos)
- Cocaine (Crack)
- Methamphetamine (Meth)
- Prescription Drugs