Cognitive Behavioral Therapy at Banyan Pompano
Drug addiction is more than just a dependence on a substance.; it is also accompanied by a change in thinking. These thoughts are often negative and can be a hard habit to break. For someone trying to overcome their drug or alcohol addiction, it is important that treatment addresses these thought patterns in order to promote long-term positive change and sobriety.
What Is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT is a combination of psychotherapy and behavioral therapy that is used to improve someone’s mental health. A trained professional will typically work one-on-one with a patient to change unhealthy and negative thought patterns or behaviors. Together the patient and professional will focus on recognizing and addressing distorted thoughts. The goal is to help the patient develop better coping strategies for their problems as well as to help them manage their emotions better.
The Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Addiction
Cognitive behavioral therapy began as a way to treat depression, but its use has been expanded to various mental health problems as well as the treatment of substance abuse disorders.
The benefits of CBT for addiction include:
- Improved Mental Health: All too often people who abuse drugs or alcohol also require treatment for a co-occurring disorder because of an underlying mental health problem. This program is meant to improve a person’s overall mental health by getting rid of unhelpful, negative thoughts.
- Relapse Prevention: Even if they do not have a mental health disorder, poor mental is often a common reason for relapse, but practicing cognitive behavioral therapy techniques could prevent this from happening.
- Breaking Bad Habits: Our behaviors, good or bad, are a result of our thinking. If we can change bad thinking, we can change bad behaviors and help break the vicious cycle of addiction.
- Facing Fears: Some of these negative thought patterns may be a result of fears. CBT can help patients face their fears and realize the irrational thoughts behind them.
- Managing Stress Correctly: We all deal with stress differently, but for an addict, this often means turning to drugs or alcohol. This treatment therapy is designed to teach patients to manage that stress effectively without the use of drugs or alcohol.
Our Pompano CBT Program
Along with many other treatment therapies for addiction, we offer cognitive behavioral therapy in Pompano for our patients because we know that addiction is more than a physical problem. During a session with our trained professionals, our patients will be able to work through their problems and create a thought process more conducive to their long-term recovery. As time goes on, the therapist will be able to tailor the program to the specific needs of the patient so that each session is as effective as possible.
In order for a patient to overcome their addiction and stay sober, at Banyan Pompano, we believe in a comprehensive approach to treatment that will set our patients up for success. From alcoholism to cocaine treatment in Pompano, we are here to help our patients battle their substance abuse problems from every angle.
Other Treatment Options
This place helped saved my lifeJohn M.
Wonderful staff. Amazing chefs who went out of their way to make sure my meals were vegan and tasty.Austin B.
I had a great experience at Banyan in Naperville the staff are awesome there and housing is good we can cook and eat whatever we want which is nice it helped me be accountable and clean up after myself they encourage us to go to meetings and provide a list of meetings and sponsors but don’t force anyone to go which is nice it’s a choice but if you want recovery you will get it no matter where you go you just have to be 100% done with the drugs or drinksMiles J.
Banyan boca is one of the best places. They are extremely clean and have your best interest at heart. You guys are doing an amazing job.Xxgacha h.
It's a great place !!!Lilian R.
This is the greatest thing I have ever done for myself. I learned so much and felt like I could face the world as a sober person.Jo Ann T Stanton P.
This is the greatest thing I have ever done for myself. I learned so much and felt like I could face the world as a sober person.Jo Ann P.
The treatment center in Pennsylvania has helped me tremendously! Definitely recommend!Christine M.
Most Insurance Plans Accepted
At Banyan Pompano Detox, our goal is to make sure that anyone who needs treatment from drug and alcohol addiction is able to get the help needed to assist them on the road to recovery. If you don't have insurance contact us to inquire about alternate methods regarding treatment for yourself or a loved one.