SMART Recovery Program at Banyan Pompano
At Banyan Treatment Center, our specialized therapists have a wide variety of therapeutic skills, one of which is being trained in SMART Recovery. SMART Recovery (Self Management and Recovery Training) is an effective addiction treatment method that teaches techniques to help people recover from all forms of addiction. At Banyan Pompano, we use a 4-Point Program that encourages self-directed change and many tools are learned to strengthen these points: 1) Building and Maintaining Motivation 2) Coping with Urges 3) Managing Thoughts, Feelings, and Behaviors 4) Living a Balanced Life.
The SMART Recovery approach to addiction teaches self-empowerment as well as self-reliance. You are responsible for your own actions, and it’s important to be held accountable in order to manage your own thoughts and behaviors when it comes to drugs and alcohol. Relapse can occur at any time and it’s important to learn the proper ways to prevent this from occurring in recovery. The SMART approach uses techniques from cognitive behavioral and motivational enhancement therapies to teach these necessary skills. Living a healthy life in recovery is possible with the help of this unique treatment recovery program at Banyan Pompano.
The Stages of Change as a SMART Recovery Tool
SMART Recovery recognizes that participants may be in one or more of various stages of change and that different exercises may be helpful at different stages.
- Precontemplation – At this stage, the participant may not realize that they have a problem.
- Contemplation – The participant evaluates the advantages and disadvantages of the addiction by performing a cost/benefit analysis.
- Determination/Preparation – The participant decides to pursue personal change, and may complete a Change Plan Worksheet.
- Action – The participant seeks out new ways of handling their addiction behavior. This can include self-help, the support of addiction help group or professional guidance.
- Maintenance – After a few months, the participant’s behavior has been changed and now seeks to maintain their gains.
- Graduation/Exit – Once a participant has sustained a long period of change, they may choose to move on with their lives and “graduate” from SMART Recovery.
- Side event: Relapse – Although not inevitable, relapses are a normal part of the change cycle and if handled well, can serve as a learning experience in overcoming an addiction.
The SMART Recovery Program at Banyan Treatment Center in Pompano can be a very valuable way to overcome the stronghold of addiction on your path to recovery. Banyan Treatment Center’s SMART Program helps make sure that you’re getting what you need as you work on your lifelong recovery and the changes you need to implement. If you or a loved one is struggling with the painful disease of addiction, we are here to help you regain control. Our various treatment methods are specifically designed to help each of our patients grow in recovery. Contact Banyan Treatment Center in Pompano today for guidance and support during this trying time.
Other Treatment Options
Most Insurance Plans Accepted
At Banyan Pompano Detox, our goal is to make sure that anyone who needs treatment from drug and alcohol addiction is able to get the help needed to assist them on the road to recovery. If you don't have insurance contact us to inquire about alternate methods regarding treatment for yourself or a loved one.