You’ve done the hardest part of all—accepted and admitted that you need help. The next thing to do is decide where you’re going to seek that help, because you don’t have to face your addiction alone. Choosing a drug addiction treatment center that is best for your particular needs will help you ensure a successful recovery. Most facilities will answer all of your questions with a simple phone call. Some will also allow you to take a tour of the center or speak with program alumni.
Several factors will contribute to your final decision such as types of drug(s) used, length of addiction, whether this is your first attempt at rehab, cost and availability. When considering how to choose a drug treatment center, you will need a program that can offer the appropriate care for your situation.
Questions you should ask when researching treatment centers:
- Is the facility licensed and accredited?
- Are drug detox services provided?
- Is the staff experienced and credentialed?
- Does the drug addiction treatment center treat co-occurring mental health disorders such as depression and anxiety?
- Is the program’s philosophy based on the 12-Step principles?
- What kind of reputation does the drug addiction treatment center have?
- Will treatment be individualized to your unique needs?
- What is the cost, and is insurance accepted?
- What types of therapies and activities are offered?
- Does the drug addiction treatment facility offer a family program?
Call Banyan Treatment Center with any questions or concerns you might have.
We’re here to help you.