The COVID-19 pandemic opened the nation’s eyes in many respects, one of them being the need for remote access to healthcare. Banyan Treatment Centers is one of the few nationwide addiction treatment facilities that adjusts our services to ensure that clients can always continue their treatment programs no matter what is going on in the world. For this reason, we have started Banyan telehealth programs in various states across the nation, including Mississippi. This additional form of care allows our facility to reach more people in more communities than ever before and allows current patients to carry on with their care no matter what. Below is more on our Mississippi telehealth addiction treatment and how it can serve you or a loved one in recovery.
Why Is Telehealth for Addiction Important?
Telehealth substance abuse treatment is an online or virtual form of care that allows clients to meet and work with their counselors and sponsors over video chat, phone calls, email, and direct messaging. This is a new practice that healthcare facilities like our Banyan rehab locations have implemented to ensure clients not only remain healthy during a pandemic but also that their treatment is never disrupted. Considering the importance of consistency and continuity in addiction recovery, using telehealth is a wonderful way to ensure our patients stay on track.
Thanks to the many advancements in technology and the various applications and mobile devices available to our generation, even the least “tech-savvy” people can utilize our Mississippi telehealth addiction treatment and get the most out of it.
Our telehealth addiction counseling and treatment offers a variety of benefits, including:
- No commuting: The number one benefit of telehealth vs. inpatient care is no commuting. Instead of driving to a rehab facility, clients receiving outpatient care can simply video chat or call their sponsors or counselors.
- Control of infectious illnesses: Another plus of working with our specialists online in our telehealth program is preventing the spread of COVID-19, flu, and other ailments. Our team uses video chatting for communication, allowing us to remain connected with our clients without risking infection. Clients who are sick can also continue to receive care without having to leave the comfort of their homes.
- Flexibility: Telehealth allows clients to sustain flexible schedules that allow them to continue progressing in recovery. This means that working, going to school, and caring for loved ones may be a lot more manageable without sacrificing the progress of one’s recovery.
- Recovery practice: While we always encourage clients to continue their care through aftercare services – such as 12-step meetings and alumni programs – it is also important for them to develop a sense of independence in recovery. We want our clients to feel as if they are ready to take on sobriety on their own, helping them get to the point where they can trust themselves.
Who Do We Treat?
Our telehealth rehab services in Mississippi are available to adults ages 18 and older of all backgrounds and walks of life. We have helped thousands of people overcome drug and alcohol abuse, including:
- Adults struggling with drug and alcohol use disorders
- College students (ages 18 and older)
- Executives and other high-level professionals
- First responders
- Pregnant women struggling with addiction
- Active military and veterans with substance use disorders
- Client’s loved ones
Each of these groups of people is different, all of which are going through a different stage of life. This means that everyone’s needs will vary. For instance, a pregnant woman who’s battling opioid addiction may require a more intensive form of care than a veteran who is undergone medical detox and completed a residential treatment program.
What Our Mississippi Telehealth for Addiction Offers
All our telehealth treatment services are offered on an intensive outpatient level, otherwise known as an intensive outpatient program (IOP). Specialists also utilize various therapy modalities to address the patient’s mental health, as well.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
IOP is a step down from our partial hospitalization program (PHP), which is a more intensive form of outpatient treatment. Our telehealth IOP is designed for clients who have already undergone medically supervised detox, have completed inpatient treatment, and/or are medically stable. It can be difficult to go back home where there is no medical team after receiving 24-hour care at a rehab center, which is why our telehealth program is such a useful tool for transitioning after treatment.
Intensive outpatient care is made up of 3 hour-long sessions 3 days a week, during which clients work with counselors, therapists, and sponsors to discuss their progress, challenges, finding employment, and more. Family therapy may also be included in this program to help patients reconnect with loved ones and develop a dedicated support system at home.
Along with IOP sessions, clients in our telehealth program can also partake in various evidence-based therapy programs designed to help them change their mindset when it comes to sobriety and learn how to cope with challenges. These treatment methods include:
- 12-Step Meetings
- Anger Management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Family Therapy
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Life Skills
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Reality Therapy
- Relapse Prevention
- SMART Recovery
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT)
Whether you require intensive care for a more severe addiction or may be better suited for telehealth addiction treatment, our facility can help. Contact Banyan Treatment Centers today to get started.