As the country continues to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and take the necessary precautions to keep everyone safe, many are wondering how they are going to continue getting help for their addictions if they happen to get sick. How do you get the healthcare you need if you cannot get to a doctor’s office in person for treatment? This is where our California telehealth for addiction comes in. Otherwise referred to as telemedicine, our Southern California rehab offers online addiction treatment that allows clients to receive the care they need and continue their rehab programs in the safety and comfort of their homes.
Benefits of Telehealth Substance Abuse Treatment
Telehealth allows patients to meet with their healthcare providers over the phone, through text, and over video chat. Following the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare facilities, including addiction treatment facilities like our Palm Springs rehab, began offering additional ways to reach out to their clients and help them stay on track with their recovery. Especially when it comes to recovering from a substance use disorder, consistency and accountability are key.
Fortunately, improved technology has made administering online addiction treatment easier, even for those who do not consider themselves “great with technology.” Patients can utilize our telehealth in California to fulfill their treatment requirements and remain connected to our counselors and sponsors.
Our telehealth addiction treatment offers a variety of benefits, including:
- Comfort and convenience: With telehealth, our clients do not have to commute to our facility. They can meet with their therapists online in the comfort of their homes. Online appointments can be easier to fit into patients’ schedules, allowing them to maintain flexible routines while sticking with their programs.
- Control of infectious illnesses: Telehealth has also helped to prevent the spread of COVID-19, flu, and other ailments. Our team uses online video and chat appointments to continue working with patients without risking infection. These appointments also allow anyone who is sick from having to leave their home.
- Flexibility: As we previously mentioned, telehealth addiction treatment allows patients to enjoy a flexible schedule, allowing them to spend more time with their loved ones and focus on responsibilities like work and caring for their families.
- Recovery practice: Considering that the goal of substance abuse treatment is to get and stay sober, our telehealth services allow patients to “practice” being independent in recovery.
Who Do We Treat?
Our telehealth Palm Springs drug rehab offers a variety of treatment options for different demographics to ensure we help as many people and communities as possible. We offer treatment for adults 18 and older, including:
- Adults struggling with substance use disorders
- College students (ages 18 and older)
- Executives and other high-level professionals with substance use disorders
- First responders
- Pregnant women struggling with addiction
- Veterans and their families
These demographics are in various stages of life, meaning their needs and treatment plans may differ. For instance, a veteran who is battling an opioid use disorder may require a different form of care than a single mother with an alcohol use disorder. Our Banyan telehealth program is designed to offer flexible yet effective care for each patient.
Our California Telehealth Addiction Counseling & Treatment
While our rehab centers offer multiple levels of addiction treatment for clients receiving inpatient care, these services are adjusted for individuals in our telehealth program. All treatment services offered in our telehealth program are offered on an intensive outpatient level, otherwise known as an intensive outpatient program (IOP). We also incorporate various therapies to help clients develop strong coping skills, as well.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
IOP is a step down from partial hospitalization care, which is a more intensive form of outpatient treatment. Our telehealth IOP is designed for clients who have already undergone medically supervised detox, have completed inpatient treatment, and/or are medically stable. It can be difficult to go from inpatient, daily care at a rehab facility to living out these lessons on your own, which is why we offer telehealth as a cushion of support.
Intensive outpatient care is made up of 3 hour-long sessions 3 days a week, during which clients work with counselors to discuss their progress, challenges, and more. Family therapy may also be included in this program to help patients make amends with their loved ones and develop a dedicated support system at home.
Along with IOP sessions, specialists at our facility also use evidence-based therapy methods to address the psychological and behavioral aspects of addiction. These treatment methods include: [Text Wrapping Break]
- 12-Step Meetings
- Anger Management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Family Therapy
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Life Skills
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Reality Therapy
- Relapse Prevention
- SMART Recovery
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT)
Whether you need inpatient care or may be better suited for telehealth addiction treatment, our facility can help. Contact Banyan Treatment Centers today to get started.