Benzodiazepines (benzos) are a class of drugs commonly prescribed to treat anxiety, insomnia, and other medical conditions. While they can be effective in managing patients’ symptoms, they also have the potential for dependence and addiction. Benzodiazepine addiction is a serious problem that can result in a wide range of negative consequences, including physical and mental health problems, relationship issues, financial difficulties, and legal troubles. Below is more on the signs and symptoms of benzodiazepine addiction, as well as the benefits of the telehealth benzodiazepines treatment options offered at Banyan rehab locations in Florida, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Illinois, California, Mississippi, Alabama, and Alaska.
Signs of Benzo Addiction
There are various signs of benzo abuse that individuals may exhibit when they’ve developed a dependence on or addiction to these drugs, such as:
- Developing a tolerance to benzos, which means that higher doses are needed to achieve the same effects.
- The occurrence of benzo withdrawal symptoms when attempting to stop using these drugs, including symptoms like anxiety, insomnia, irritability, and tremors.
- Using benzos for non-medical purposes or without a prescription, such as to get high or to cope with stress.
- Spending a significant amount of time and money buying and using benzodiazepines.
- Neglecting responsibilities at work, school, or home due to benzodiazepine abuse.
- Continuing to use benzodiazepines despite negative repercussions, such as relationship problems, physical and mental health issues, or legal troubles.
- Engaging in risky behaviors, such as driving while under the influence of benzodiazepines.
If you or someone you care about is experiencing these signs and symptoms, our outpatient and residential benzo addiction treatment can help you begin the recovery process. Following medical stabilization and the achievement of sobriety, our telehealth benzodiazepines services can help you sustain your recovery long-term.
What Is Online Benzodiazepine Addiction Treatment?
Online benzo addiction treatment is a type of substance abuse treatment that’s administered through the internet or other digital platforms. Telehealth addiction treatment can be useful for individuals who are unable to attend traditional in-person appointments or sessions for different reasons, such as long commutes, lack of transportation, physical disabilities, or time constraints.
The online benzodiazepine rehab we offer may involve a range of therapeutic techniques, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing (MI), and mindfulness-based services. These therapy programs may be administered through confidential video conferencing, online chat, or phone sessions with a licensed therapist or counselor.
Additionally, virtual benzodiazepine addiction treatment may include self-help resources, such as online support groups and educational materials designed to help patients sustain their sobriety outside of rehab. These resources can provide individuals with tools and strategies for managing cravings, developing healthy coping skills, and preventing relapse.
Unlike an inpatient benzo addiction treatment center, online benzo rehab can be an effective option for some individuals. However, it’s important to note that it may not be appropriate for everyone. Individuals with severe substance use disorders, mental health disorders, or co-occurring disorders may require more intensive inpatient care to regain their health and wellness. As with any form of substance abuse treatment, it’s essential for individuals seeking rehabilitation to work with a licensed healthcare professional to determine the best course of action according to their needs.
Our Virtual Benzodiazepine Treatment
As with our other forms of telehealth for addiction, our telehealth benzodiazepines treatment is delivered through telecommunication technologies, including video conferencing, phone calls, and online messaging. All communication and sessions are recorded or pre-recorded, but these are only for use between therapists and patients, and, as such, they are kept private and confidential.
This form of care allows our addiction treatment facilities to offer patients the care they need in the comfort of their homes, eliminating obstacles that may otherwise interfere with their care. Our Banyan telehealth treatment program involves the following services:
- Clinical assessment: Our team will conduct an initial assessment to determine the severity of the individual’s addiction and develop a treatment plan that meets their needs.
- Counseling: Counseling sessions are conducted through video conferencing or phone calls with a licensed therapist or addiction specialist during the individual's program. During online counseling sessions, therapists utilize a variety of therapy techniques, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) or motivational interviewing.
- Support: Online support groups, educational materials, and other resources are also provided to clients to offer them additional support in their recovery.
- Follow-up sessions: Regular check-ins and follow-up appointments are scheduled to monitor the patient’s progress and adjust their treatment plans as needed.
Telehealth benzodiazepine addiction treatment provides individuals with convenient and wide access to substance use services, especially for those who may be struggling to transition to life after rehab. However, keep in mind that this avenue of care may not be suited for all.
For more information about our telehealth substance abuse treatment and whether or not you or a loved one qualifies, including insurance coverage information, contact Banyan Treatment Centers today.