Biofeedback Therapy at Banyan Mass
As a leader in behavioral health treatment, our drug and alcohol rehab in Massachusetts is committed to providing patients with comprehensive and effective treatment methods for those suffering from addiction and co-occurring disorders. It’s our goal to help all of our patients turn away from drugs and alcohol, learn how to cope with their mental health symptoms, and live happy and healthy lives. We believe that programming should be as unique as the individual, yet structured. By having the flexibility to adapt our therapies and addiction programs to the patient’s needs, we can offer them a unique rehab experience and treat every superficial and underlying factor of their condition. Biofeedback therapy at Banyan Massachusetts is one of the several addiction therapies we incorporate in patients’ recovery plans.
What is Biofeedback for Addiction?
Biofeedback therapy incorporates a variety of tools to promote relaxation. The biofeedback machine, also known as a serenity bed, is an integral component of this therapy program. First, patients will lay down in the serenity bed on a vibrational platform made out of memory foam for optimal comfort.
The biofeedback therapy machine is an audio and visual delivery system that provides different functions to promote relaxation and relief from stress and anxiety. Some of these biofeedback functions include:
- Music therapy in the form of binaural beats and unique healing frequencies
- Binaural beats, a form of Soundwave Therapy, induce a theta level meditative state
- Low-frequency vibrations that trigger the body’s natural response of relaxation
- Heart rhythm patterns that synchronize with the body to reduce physical symptoms of stress and anxiety
- Increased mindfulness through the use of guided meditation and positive affirmations
The concept behind these biofeedback devices at Banyan Treatment Centers Massachusetts is to help reduce anxiety and worry a patient may experience during drug or alcohol addiction treatment. A meditative state is induced through the use of guided imagery and sound therapy, both of which are focused on addressing contributing factors of addiction like trauma and mental illness. Once the patient is completely relaxed, positive affirmations are played as a gentle reminder of their strength and motivation to move forward in recovery.
Benefits of Biofeedback Therapy for Addiction
While this therapy program is beneficial in many ways, the most important benefit of biofeedback is its capacity to facilitate the relaxation response in patients who are undergoing treatment for addiction or co-occurring disorders. Biofeedback is incredible in its ability to reduce the stress and worry that some patients experience while receiving treatment in one of our levels of care. Although it’s perfectly normal for patients to feel this way as their minds and bodies adjust to life without drugs and alcohol, we want to make them feel as comfortable as possible.
Some common biofeedback therapy benefits include:
- Reduces anxiety and fear associated with withdrawal symptoms and post-acute withdrawal syndrome
- Excellent crisis intervention tool that can be used when patients feel overwhelmed or stressed during their rehab program
- Reduces the chances of premature discharge by offering comfort during and motivation to stay in treatment
- Focuses on the underlying psychological aspects of addiction like trauma and depression to promote healing
Biofeedback Treatment in Massachusetts
The benefits of biofeedback are extensive, and this is only one of the many therapies we utilize in our addiction treatment in Massachusetts. If you or someone you care about is battling addiction, get help as soon as possible. Our Banyan team is dedicated to helping as many people as possible achieve their recovery goals, regain their sobriety, and rebuild their lives without drugs or alcohol.
Other Treatment Options
Most Insurance Plans Accepted
At Banyan Massachusetts, our goal is to make sure that anyone who needs treatment from drug and alcohol addiction is able to get the help needed to assist them on the road to recovery. If you don't have insurance contact us to inquire about alternate methods regarding treatment for yourself or a loved one.