12-Step Program at Banyan Mass
The 12 Steps are a famous recovery program used to assist people in the recovery process from a substance abuse disorder and help them find lasting sobriety. Traditionally, they were created by Alcoholics Anonymous to help recovering alcoholics progress through recovery and take steps toward a better life after addiction. It focuses on making amends and submitting to a higher power for help in the sobriety journey. Today, the teachings have been modified to help people struggling with all kinds of substance use disorders, and our 12-step addiction treatment program in Massachusetts applies these steps to help our patients.
What Are the 12 Steps?
The 12-step program provides a framework for recovery that includes admitting powerlessness over addiction, seeking help and support, making amends for past mistakes, and continuing to work on personal growth and development.
The following are the traditional 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous:
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol (or drugs or other addictive behavior), that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and, when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Many treatment facilities adopt their own iteration of these steps in order to reach a wider range of patients. The main objective of this program is to help those struggling with their addictive behaviors achieve healing, empowerment, and self-reliance. The benefits of 12-step programs are plentiful and continue to enrich the lives of people in recovery all over the world.
Our 12 Steps Program
At Banyan’s Massachusetts addiction treatment center, we believe that the 12 Steps can be a powerful tool for many people going through recovery from a substance abuse problem. Along with a multitude of other addiction therapies, we offer our patients access to a modified version of the 12 Steps to assist them in their recovery journey. Our revised version of the 12 Steps program is meant to meet our patient’s specific needs and recovery goals.
Alongside the physical and mental changes that take place during treatment, many people are looking for something more. Our 12 Steps program assists patients with their spiritual journey in recovery regardless of their exact religious beliefs. For those without strong religious ties, the 12 Steps can be an eye-opening experience that gives them a new view on life and helps them see recovery in a different way.
This program also addresses secondary problems of substance abuse disorders that go beyond physical dependence. Covering everything from addressing relationship problems to being accountable for their actions, patients will become a better version of themselves after going through these meetings.
Our 12 Steps meetings in Wilmington guide patients on a spiritual transformation. Support in recovery is essential, and these meetings allow like-minded individuals with similar struggles to connect with one another. This community can become a source of support for our patients after they leave our Wilmington rehab center.
Comprehensive Treatment Plans
At Banyan’s rehab in Massachusetts, we believe that addiction is a large-scale problem that requires a holistic approach to treatment in order for patients to find lasting sobriety. Patients in all of our different levels of care will not only have access to our 12 Steps meetings, but they will also partake in a variety of other programming and therapies to assist them in the recovery journey.
These programs extend to both individual and group settings to give patients the opportunity for self-exploration as well as seeing outside perspectives and hearing others’ stories. They also include evidence-based procedures as well as programming that is less traditional to give patients their best chances of comprehensive healing. All of our programs are led by our rehab staff, who are trained and certified in their specific field.
The time is now to take back control. If you or someone you love has a substance abuse problem, do not wait any longer to ask for help. Contact Banyan today to learn about our Massachusetts 12-step addiction treatment program and how it can benefit you.
Most Insurance Plans Accepted
At Banyan Massachusetts our goal is to make sure that anyone who needs treatment from drug and alcohol addiction are able to get the help needed to assist them on the road to recovery. If you don't have insurance contact us to inquire about alternate methods regarding treatment for yourself or a loved one.