Rehab for Prescription Drugs at Banyan Mass
Just because a substance is prescribed by a doctor doesn’t mean that it can’t cause dependency, addiction, or overdose. People abuse prescription pills for a number of different reasons; however, a serious addiction should be treated as any other substance use disorder through individualized care. Professional help from a drug and alcohol treatment center will allow you to fully recover from such an addiction. That is why Banyan’s prescription drug rehab in Massachusetts is such a vital resource to our patients.
Commonly Abused Prescription Drugs
Prescription drugs are medications that are prescribed by a doctor to treat a specific medical condition. However, some people abuse prescription drugs for their psychoactive effects, leading to addiction and other health problems.
Some of the commonly abused types of prescription pills include:
- Opioids: Opioids are a class of drugs that are commonly used for pain relief. They include medications like oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, and fentanyl. These drugs produce a feeling of euphoria and relaxation, which can lead to addiction. Overdosing on opioids can be deadly.
- Stimulants: Stimulants are medications that are used to treat conditions like ADHD and narcolepsy and include drugs like Adderall and Ritalin. Stimulants produce a sense of increased energy, alertness, and confidence. People who abuse stimulants may experience rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, and anxiety.
- Benzodiazepines: Benzodiazepines are a class of drugs that are used to treat anxiety, insomnia, and seizures. They include drugs like Valium, Xanax, and Klonopin. Benzodiazepines produce a feeling of calm and relaxation, which can lead to addiction. Overdosing on benzodiazepines can be deadly.
- Antidepressants: Antidepressants are medications that are used to treat depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders. They include drugs like Prozac, Zoloft, and Paxil. Antidepressants can produce a feeling of euphoria, but they are less commonly abused than other types of prescription drugs.
Signs of Prescription Drug Addiction
A prescription pill addiction that has lasted a significant amount of time will become apparent with signs and symptoms that loved ones should look out for. Distinct changes in mood and behavior will be present during active addiction, and it’s important to take this addiction seriously and get the help that’s needed.
Some common behavioral changes during a prescription drug addiction include:
- Neglecting your daily responsibilities such as work and school
- Increased irritability and sudden mood swings
- Failure to maintain healthy relationships with your loved ones
- Increased drowsiness and confusion
- Little or no care for personal appearance and hygiene
Different prescription medications produce different effects on people, and any one of the warning signs above can be a clear indicator of an addiction. A strong dependency on prescription pills can lead to severe withdrawal symptoms when the usage is stopped abruptly. Many people will need to undergo medically monitored detox in order to safely treat their addictions, and professional help is needed to fully recover. The potential for health complications increases when a detox is performed at home, and there are many dangers that can be avoided through proper care. A prescription drug addiction can completely take over your life and negatively impact your relationships as well as your health.
Our Banyan Rehab Offers Individualized Care
At our Massachusetts addiction treatment center, we are committed to providing truly customized care through our levels of care and therapy programs. Before beginning treatment at our prescription drug rehab, you will undergo a proper medical assessment to determine the level of care needed to successfully treat your prescription drug addiction. Your unique treatment program will include holistic treatment, group and individual therapy sessions, and relapse prevention techniques from highly qualified nurses and clinicians.
It’s never too late to take control of your addiction and get the help you need to start over and get clean. Prescription drug abuse and addiction should be treated with individualized care, and our professional treatment center is here to guide you every step of the way. You don’t have to face this challenge alone. The resources to make these changes are at your fingertips.
Most Insurance Plans Accepted
At Banyan Massachusetts, our goal is to make sure that anyone who needs treatment from drug and alcohol addiction is able to get the help needed to assist them on the road to recovery. If you don't have insurance contact us to inquire about alternate methods regarding treatment for yourself or a loved one.