Banyan Palm Springs Biofeedback
Our drug rehab in Palm Springs, CA, understands that addiction recovery can be stressful, exhausting, and anxiety-inducing. That’s why our staff at Banyan Palm Springs includes professionals who have undergone biofeedback training to provide patients with the best form of addiction therapy possible. Our biofeedback for addiction in California is one of the several therapeutic approaches we offer at our facility that targets the emotional and psychological roots of substance abuse.
At our facility, we refuse to place all of our patients in the same kinds of programs and treatment plans. We understand and respect our clients’ differences and unique needs, which is why we provide different modalities of addiction treatment and therapy to ensure they leave our facility with everything they need to stay sober. With that being said, our biofeedback therapy approaches are often essential aspects of clients’ recoveries.
But what is biofeedback? Biofeedback therapy is a treatment approach that utilizes various tools to help patients develop control over certain physiological functions, such as their breathing and heart rate. Because addiction recovery can be a physically and mentally taxing process, patients can greatly benefit from biofeedback-assisted relaxation. At our Banyan rehab in California, we utilize biofeedback equipment such as the serenity bed to induce relaxation and reduce stress. A serenity bed is a vibrational, electronic platform with memory foam that utilizes visual and auditory stimulation to help patients feel calm.
Some common functions of biofeedback devices include:
- Music therapy and healing frequencies
- Soundwave Therapy (binaural beats)
- Low-frequency vibrations to trigger a natural sedative response
- Heart rhythm patterns to synchronize the body and reduce physiological responses to stress and anxiety
- Increased mindfulness through guided meditation and affirmations
A meditative state is induced while patients are on the serenity bed, naturally reducing their stress and any racing thoughts or turbulent emotions. Patients who suffer from underlying mental disorders like PTSD, anxiety, and depression can also benefit from this form of therapy. The combined delivery systems utilized in serenity beds help patients in our California drug treatment programs overcome disturbing thoughts and emotions that contribute to their addictive behaviors.
Benefits of Biofeedback Therapy
Our patients have experienced great relief from the side effects of their addictions thanks to unique programs and therapies like biofeedback offered at our facility. Although our more formal forms of substance abuse treatment and therapy programs are successful in recovery, our holistic therapies like biofeedback take treatment to a whole other level.
Some common benefits of biofeedback for addiction include:
- Reduced anxiety, fear, body aches, and cravings associated with withdrawal symptoms
- Improved sleep patterns
- Intervenes when patients become anxious, overwhelmed, or panicked during addiction treatment
- Reduced risk of premature discharge by addressing common problems like withdrawals and anxiety in recovery
- Assistance in coping with trauma through the use of guided imagery, relaxing vibrations, and positive affirmations
- Improved emotional control and stability
- Increased motivation to interact in individual and group therapy discussions
Patients often take these skills and lessons with them when they complete their rehab programs. It’s not just about treating the physical addiction, but the mental one as well. This disease refers to both a mental and physical dependence that requires various modalities to effectively treat them.
If you’re interested in biofeedback therapy or any of our other levels of care for yourself or a loved one, contact us today. Banyan Treatment Centers Palm Springs makes recovery possible.
"California Sober" & What it Says About Sobriety
How to Stop Enabling An Addict