Intensive outpatient programs, known as IOP, are an integral step in the treatment program.
Generally, intensive outpatient programs in Massachusetts are the next step after completing OP or residential treatment. During IOP, patients can juggle other responsibilities while completing important components of their recovery. Many patients in IOP go to school or live in sober living homes while completing this transitional stage of treatment.
At Banyan Treatment Center Massachusetts, we offer IOP at our Massachusetts drug treatment center. We know that IOP can help men and women transition back into everyday life while still getting the support they need to continue establishing long-term sobriety. Our intensive outpatient program in Massachusetts is different for each patient, but there are some hallmarks that are similar throughout the IOP program.
A Typical Day in IOP Treatment
Our facility offers IOP as a part of ongoing treatment. With IOP, patients live elsewhere and arrive at the IOP facility daily for treatment. While taking part in an intensive outpatient program in Massachusetts, most patients reside at sober living homes. Here is a breakdown of a general day of IOP treatment at our Massachusetts drug treatment center:
- 9AM: Check-In. Patients check into the facility and treatment professionals assist and make any updates to the caseload.
- 10AM: Spirituality. While at IOP treatment, patients are at varying steps of their recovery. IOP is at an integral component where patients can work spirituality into their recovery. At 10 a.m., patients attend workshops for 12 Step Spirituality.
- 11AM: Personalized Groups or Classes. This is where IOP can vary greatly from patient to patient. Patients attend groups and classes specific to their needs. This includes classes for: coping skills, stress management, communication, co-occurring disorders, gratitude, boundaries, and life skills.
- 12PM: Lunch.
- 2PM: Fun, Therapy, and Activity. Again, this is where IOP in Massachusetts varies from patient to patient. Some may attend yoga, others may attend meditation, and some may partake in music therapy.
- 3PM: Check-Out. Patients check out of our Massachusetts drug treatment center and return to their sober living home or other living arrangements.
IOP varies greatly from patient to patient, with personalized care for each individual’s recovery. The exact experience in IOP may vary from one person to the next. Contact our team today at 888-280-4763 to learn more about our intensive outpatient program in Massachusetts.