Many familiar with the world of recovery have heard the phrase "12-step”. It is a set of principles that originated to guide individuals struggling with alcoholism toward a healthy and sober tomorrow. Today, these principles have been adapted to address a wide range of addictions, ensuring people from all walks of life can achieve the relief that they are after. Banyan Alaska offers a thorough and individualized approach to addiction treatment that is based on the well-known 12-step methodology. No matter what type of dependency you are dealing with—drug abuse, alcoholism, or another—our 12-step addiction treatment program is designed to support you on the road to long-term sobriety.
What Are the 12 Steps of AA?
For those struggling with addiction, the 12 Steps of AA, or Alcoholics Anonymous, have proven to be a ray of hope and a source of strength. These steps, which were created in the 1930s, are now largely regarded as a potent foundation for gaining and maintaining sobriety. We completely embrace the 12-step ideas at our Anchorage rehab center and include them in our all-encompassing strategy for addiction recovery.
The Al-Anon 12-steps include:
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol/drugs - that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and, when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics/addicts and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
The AA 12 steps provide a roadmap for self-reflection, personal growth, and spiritual connection. They support people in identifying the harmful patterns of addiction, making amends, and developing a new way of life. These stages are included throughout our program's many therapeutic modalities, giving you the power to take back control of your life and find the inner strength needed to maintain your sobriety.
Our 12-Step Addiction Treatment Centers in Alaska
For those looking to break away from the clutches of drugs or alcohol in Alaska, Banyan houses the resources that can do just that. We offer treatment programs to address a variety of substance use disorders, while our outpatient care option ensures participants can maintain personal obligations outside of treatment.
To learn which available treatment option is right for you or your loved one, contact Banyan Treatment Centers Alaska and begin this life-changing process.
Most Insurance Plans Accepted
At Banyan Alaska our goal is to make sure that anyone who needs treatment from drug and alcohol addiction are able to get the help needed to assist them on the road to recovery. If you don't have insurance contact us to inquire about alternate methods regarding treatment for yourself or a loved one.