Everyone’s recovery from addiction looks different. While some rehab centers throw patients into the same kind of program, our unique addiction therapeutic services are specially hand-picked based on the patient’s needs. No matter what substance use disorder you may be struggling with, Banyan Alaska can help. As one of few addiction treatment centers in Alaska, we’re here to service the Wasilla community and anyone else who walks through our doors. Below is more information about the types of therapy for drug addiction we offer and how we can support you or a loved one in recovery.
Addiction Therapy Services in Alaska
Therapy allows patients seeking drug or alcohol treatment to heal from the psychological factors of substance abuse. Therapy provides the individual with education regarding their addiction, relapse prevention, and the recovery process. These services teach clients about healthy coping mechanisms and communication skills, as well as how to build and establish a strong support system.
Addiction therapeutic services like individual and group therapy help patients explore their motives, triggers, and warning signs for relapse that they may not have been aware of. Patients can better understand the value of getting treated in a supportive rehab center, such as our Wasilla, Alaska rehab, by uncovering the root of their addiction.
With this in mind, we offer a variety of creative and psychotherapy for drug addiction, including:
- 12-Step Meetings: The 12 steps were created by the founders of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), a nationwide addiction recovery group that has since been expanded to help individuals with other types of substance use disorders. Our Alaska treatment center offers 12-step meetings to patients to connect them with others in the recovery community, offer them peer support, and provide them guidance as they adjust to sobriety.
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy: This is an evidence-based therapy that’s effective for trauma, depression, and substance use disorders. Addiction and mental illness often co-occur, contributing to each other’s symptoms. This is why this program can be beneficial to certain patients at our facility.
- Alumni Program: Our alumni program is designed for patients who have completed a form of treatment at our facility and need additional support as they transition from rehab to sober life. It’s even offered to patients who have already been sober for years but may need help getting through a rough patch.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): Cognitive behavioral therapy for addiction helps make the person more aware of the impact of their thoughts and actions by focusing on mindfulness. CBT has been used to treat various disorders, including mental illness, eating disorders, and substance use disorders. Patients in this program learn how to pay attention to their thoughts and actions and how to positively alter them.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): DBT is a form of addiction group therapy that helps boost the individual’s self-esteem and may offer the support needed to improve behavior in group settings. It may also be administered on an individual level, depending on the patient’s needs.
- Family Program: Our Alaska rehab not only believes in the importance of treating the individual but also in the importance of helping their loved ones heal. Addiction can impact all parties involved, which is why our facility offers one-on-one counseling and group counseling for clients and their parents, spouses, and children. This program is designed to help improve relationships at home and offer individual healing.
- Military & Veterans Program: Banyan Treatment Centers Alaska also offers addiction treatment for veterans that addresses problems common in this demographic, including trauma-related disorders. We address both the mental and physical factors that may contribute to substance abuse to make long-term recovery possible.
- Motivational Interviewing (MI): Motivational interviewing is meant to help people find their inner drive to accomplish their recovery goals. In the case of addiction, it helps patients overcome negative behavioral patterns to sustain a sober lifestyle. Our licensed therapists listen to the concerns of patients and find encouraging ways to get them to commit to positive change.
- SMART Recovery: This is an international non-profit organization that provides assistance to people seeking to sustain abstinence from substance abuse. Similar to the 12-step program, our facility offers SMART recovery groups to help clients develop relapse prevention techniques and communication skills to sustain sobriety.
Behavioral therapies focus on identifying negative behaviors and their cause while developing new healthy behaviors. Creative therapies, on the other hand, provide feelings of well-being and help patients work through challenging emotions throughout recovery. Generally, our addiction counseling services and therapy programs provide a sense of purpose and increase patient motivation, self-confidence, self-esteem, communication, self-awareness, and feelings of well-being.
Finding Addiction Therapy Near Me
Struggling with a substance use disorder can be exhausting and challenging to cope with. Fortunately, there are addiction therapeutic services available for your recovery needs. If you or a loved one is struggling with drug or alcohol abuse, our Wasilla addiction treatment center can help.
Contact Banyan Treatment Centers today to get started.
Most Insurance Plans Accepted
At Banyan Alaska our goal is to make sure that anyone who needs treatment from drug and alcohol addiction are able to get the help needed to assist them on the road to recovery. If you don't have insurance contact us to inquire about alternate methods regarding treatment for yourself or a loved one.