First Responders Program
First Responders Program
Banyan Treatment Center offers compassionate addiction and mental health care for first responders. First responders, such as firefighters, police officers, EMTs, and members of the military experience high rates of substance abuse and mental health issues in comparison to the majority of the population. Increased levels of stress and trauma in the line of duty contribute to these obstacles. We recognize the unique needs of this demographic and provide individualized care in order to provide treatment for first responders.
What We Treat
- Primary substance abuse and addiction
- Primary mental health
- Dual diagnosis disorders
First Responder Mental Health Services:
Banyan Treatment Center offers a full continuum of care, ranging from medically monitored detox to intensive outpatient services. Each patient participates in a clinical assessment prior to admission to determine the most appropriate level of care. First responder treatment services include:
- Medically monitored detoxification
- Intensive Inpatient and Residential
- Partial Hospitalization
- Intensive Outpatient
- Alumni Services and Aftercare Planning
Banyan Mental Health
Banyan Mental Health offers residential and partial hospitalization programming for first responders who are struggling with a primary mental health diagnosis. We specialize in treating mood and thought disorders, including:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Schizoaffective Disorders
- Grief and loss issues
- Attachment & Adjustment disorders
- Self injury/Self harm
Our mental health programming is entirely separate from our substance abuse treatment component, and patients in the two programs are not mixed at any time throughout their lengths of stay. Housing, therapeutic groups, and recreational activities are program exclusive, treating PTSD, anxiety, and secondary trauma in first responders. Patients will work with a first responder therapist for their healing.
- Banyan Pompano Beach, Banyan Boca, and Banyan Stuart therapists are trained by first responders on how to treat first responders.
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professionals are on staff to address issues that are faced specifically by first responders.
- All clinicians are Master’s level or higher and participate in ongoing training to most effectively treat first responders.
- Our team members continuously evaluate data to determine the best treatment methods possible.
When treating first responders we utilize a wide range of treatment techniques, including:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), which is considered the gold standard when addressing trauma symptoms.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), a technique that focuses on improving emotional regulation and the development of coping strategies that target solving current problems. It has been shown to be effective in treating symptoms of PTSD.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), a therapy method that focuses on “staying in the present,” that has been shown to be effective in treating mood disorders, substance abuse, and the depression and anxiety associated with past events.
- Rapid Resolution Therapy (RRT), a technique that works to address and clear the ongoing effects of anxiety, panic disorder, insomnia and night terrors, grief, abuse, anger, rage, and PTSD.
Who We Treat
- Police Officers
- Security Guards
- First Aid Staff
If you are a first responder, or know someone who is, and are in need of addiction and mental health treatment, help is available. Banyan Treatment Center is here to guide you through the entire journey, as you overcome your addiction and enter into a life of recovery. Take the first step and contact our drug and alcohol treatment center today.
Other Treatment Options
Our mission, your recovery.
- Helen R." />
"Banyan Treatment Center was a life-changing experience for me. When I got here, I was planning on continuing to use, but with the help of staff and the community I was convinced to stay through the whole program, and I can honestly say it was the best decision I've ever made."
- Justin M." />
"My experience was nothing short of amazing. The staff is excellent, they all went way out of their way to help me with whatever I needed. They gave me the tools i needed to succeed, and were always there for me when I completed the program and when I fell short. Thank you so much Banyan!"
- Angie M." />
"Banyan was able to help me more than words can describe. They helped me save my life. I called in not really knowing what to expect or anything about treatment and the people I spoke with were able to walk me through every step of the way."