Substance abuse and mental health disorders can happen to anyone. In many cases, professional treatment is the safest and most effective way to manage these disorders and give people the help they need to rebuild their lives. Perhaps you’re reading this as the partner of someone who’s struggling with drug addiction, and you’re interested in learning more about medically supervised detox or inpatient care for them. Or maybe you’ve already received drug or alcohol treatment and are searching for online addiction recovery resources for yourself. Whatever the case may be, our Heartland rehab facility offers addiction recovery resources that can help.
Community Resources for Addiction Recovery
If you want to learn more about Banyan Heartland’s addiction treatment options or aftercare services for yourself or a loved one, you can find answers in our addiction resource guide. As one of several Banyan rehab locations, our Illinois drug rehab offers an advanced and multi-faceted approach to treating drug and alcohol use disorders.
Our services aren’t limited to in-person care, however. Our facility also serves as an online educational platform that provides resources for addicts in recovery, their loved ones, and those interested in getting them for themselves and starting their journeys to sober lives. We welcome you to look through our addiction recovery resources to learn more about the various services we offer for all individuals of all groups and needs.
Family Recovery Resources
As someone who cares deeply about someone who’s struggling with addiction, you’ve undoubtedly experienced a variety of conflicting emotions. Fear, anger, frustration, confusion, and hopelessness are normal and common reactions to a loved one’s addiction.
However, as much as you may want to help this individual, it’s important not to neglect yourself along the way. At our Gilman, IL, Banyan rehab, we offer family therapy for parents, spouses, and close friends of addicts who need help coping with the impact their loved one’s substance use.
Some additional resources for families of addicts include:
- Addict in the Family: Stories of Love, Hope, and Recoveryby Beverly Conyers
- Addict in the House: A No-Nonsense Family Guide Through Addiction and Recoveryby Robin Barnett, Ed.D, LCSW
- Al-Anon Approved Literatureby various authors
- Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourselfby Melody Beattie
- Everything Changes: Hope for Families of Newly Recovering Addictsby Beverly Conyers
- Intimacy in Alcoholic Relationshipsby Al-Anon Family Groups
- Many Voices, One Journeyby Al-Anon Family Groups
- Nar-Anon SESHby Nar-Anon Family Groups
- On the Other Side of Chaos: Understanding the Addiction of a Loved Oneby Ellen Van
- One Day at a Time in Al-Anonby Al-Anon Family Groups
- SMART Recovery Family & Friends Handbookedited by Roxanne Allen
- Staying Soberby Terence Gorski
- The Enabler: When Helping Hurts the Ones You Loveby Angelyn Miller
- The Four Agreementsby Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Language of Letting Goby Melody Beattie
- The Power of Nowby Eckhart Tolle
- When Someone You Love Has a Mental Illness: A Handbook for Families, Friends, and Caregiversby Rebecca Woolis, MFT
- When Your Adult Child Breaks Your Heart: Coping with Mental Illness, Substance Abuse, and the Problems That Tear Families Apartby Joel L. Young, MD
Christian Recovery Resources for Addiction
Considering that our facility offers faith-based addiction treatment, we believe in the importance of healing the spirit as well as the mind and body in recovery. Not only do we provide services like art and adventure therapy, but we also have our Faith in Recovery program that provides Christian-based care for addiction and more.
Some Christian-based resources we offer include:
- Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
- Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
- Christian Families in Recovery: A Guide for Addiction, Recovery, and Intervention Using God’s Tools of Redemption by Robert and Stephanie Tucker
- Club New Life: by Christian Ministry for Addiction and Recovery
- Lost & Found: Recovery in Christ by Bruce Stanley
- Overcoming Emotional Obstacles through Faith: Navigating the Mind Field by Anthony Acampora, Director of Banyan’s Faith in Recovery Program
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
Active-Duty and Veterans Recovery Resources
Banyan Treatment Centers locations have also incorporated a Military and Veterans in Recovery Program in their services to help both veterans and active-duty service members achieve recovery from addiction and mental illness. We understand these individuals are often exposed to combat and trauma on deployment, often which leaves psychological and emotional wounds that require a particular form of care.
In addition to finding individual and group resources for addiction by contacting your branch of the military, active-duty personnel and veterans can also find addiction recovery resources at our Heartland recovery center. In addition to reaching out to us to learn more about our military and veterans' addiction treatment, below are some organizations you or a loved one can reach out to for help:
Military Crisis Line - This hotline includes text-messaging service and online chatting to provide free veterans support for all service members whether they’re registered with the VA or enrolled in VA health care. This hotline was created in the case of a crisis involving a military member. This is a fully confidential, 24-hour line for service members and their loved ones.
Phone Number: 1-800-273-8255
The Real Warriors Campaign - This organization aims to raise awareness about mental illness among military personnel and encourages veterans and active service members to reach out for help.
Phone Number: 1-866-966-1020
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - The largest integrated health care system in the United States, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) can help you find resources. In some cases, active-duty members can access VA facilities for emergencies.
Phone Number: 1-844-698-2311
Banyan Treatment Centers Heartland - Our Heartland facility specializes in caring for substance use disorders among active-duty and Veterans. Reach out to us to learn how we can help.
Phone Number: 888-280-4763
Our Heartland Treatment Facility
If you’re searching for Illinois addiction treatment for yourself or a loved one, Banyan can help. Our Gilman location offers various levels of care, including medical detox, residential treatment, and more. For more information about the services offered at our addiction recovery resource center, contact Banyan Heartland today. You don’t have to go through recovery alone.