Inpatient residential treatment is best suited for individuals with long-term or severe substance use disorders (SUD), as well as individuals who require medical detox. Drugs and alcohol can negatively impact the chemical balance in a person’s brain, making it difficult for them to quit without day-to-day care. Our drug rehab in Sebring, FL, offers SUD residential treatment to help people who have drug or alcohol use disorders get the in-depth support they need to achieve long-term recovery.
What Is Residential Treatment?
Residential treatment, or residential rehab, is a structured and intensive form of care during which clients live at a treatment facility for a designated period of time, usually ranging from 30 days to 90 days. This level of addiction treatment is designed to provide a supportive and therapeutic environment to all individuals struggling with substance abuse or addiction. Generally, residential addiction treatment also includes modalities like medical detox and mental health care.
At our Sebring drug rehab, SUD residential treatment begins with our clinicians getting a solid understanding of what the client’s needs are. To find out what course of action is best suited for the individual, our team conducts a clinical assessment, allowing them to learn more about the client’s form and history of substance use, their family history of substance use, underlying medical conditions, and more.
With this information, our specialists can design an individualized addiction recovery plan for each client. With client permission, our rehab staff may also speak with spouses, family members, and friends and consult with professionals the individual might already be working with to better gauge their situation and decide on an appropriate track for care.
Because addiction is a multifaceted disease that affects the body, mind, and spirit, our Highlands County drug rehab brings a team together to provide clients with a well-rounded healing plan. Some key features of our residential treatment programs for substance abuse include:
- 24/7 supervision: Residential rehab offers round-the-clock supervision by trained professionals to ensure the safety and well-being of all our patients. This also allows our team to keep our patients accountable.
- Aftercare planning: Because the transition to life after rehab can be challenging, our residential rehab program also helps clients develop an aftercare plan. These plans may include outpatient therapy, support groups, sober living arrangements, or an introduction to the recovery community.
- Medically-assisted detox: Our residential SUD treatment also includes a medically supervised detoxification process to help patients safely manage withdrawal symptoms when stopping substance use. This step is especially important to ensure the safety and continued treatment of individuals with alcohol or opioid use disorders.
- Medication management: In some cases, patients may require medication for an existing condition other than addiction or to sustain their well-being during treatment. In these cases, medication may be prescribed and managed by our team to prevent any complications.
- Peer support: Our residential substance abuse treatment also helps clients connect with peers who are also in recovery. Peer support is invaluable in fostering a sense of community, reducing feelings of isolation, and motivating patients to sobriety.
- Structured schedule: Residents typically follow a structured daily schedule that includes individual and group therapy sessions, educational programs, and recreational activities. Exposing clients to this form of routine in treatment teaches them how to live a more structured and sober-friendly life after care.
- Therapy: Because addiction is deeply rooted in mental health, patients at our SUD residential treatment center may also undergo various therapeutic approaches, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, group therapy, family therapy, and holistic therapies.
Our inpatient drug rehab helps patients stay focused on the recovery process, explore sensitive issues in a safe and supportive environment, and build trusting relationships with their peers. Our goal is not only to help clients achieve a stable level of health and sobriety but also to instill in them the independence and motivation to sustain their sobriety long-term.
Our Residential Recovery Programs for Addiction
Unlike PHP or IOP, clients in residential treatment programs stay at our facility for the duration of their treatment. For individuals with severe drug and alcohol use disorders, this level of care provides 24-hour supervision and support that is conducive to long-term sobriety.
With that said, the first step of our inpatient residential treatment program is medically supervised detox. Detox is the first step in helping the brain and body heal from substance abuse.
Detox is the process in which chemicals are flushed from the individual’s system, which can be an uncomfortable experience without the proper medical support. It’s common for clients to experience withdrawal symptoms during detox, which are often painful and uncomfortable enough to promote relapse in a less monitored setting.
The Banyan Sebring team works with clients to evaluate their level of discomfort and provide them with the medications – if needed – to address any pain, discomfort, or drug cravings. We offer residential detox for substances like:
- Benzodiazepines (benzos)
- Prescription drugs
Following detox, clients will then move to their residential treatment unit, where they will meet their treatment peers and participate in various rehab services and activities. Our residential addiction treatment services include:
- Continuing care planning
- Educational and experiential workshops
- Family and couples therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Medical appointments
- Mental health assessments
- Nutritional assessments
- Spiritual care via our Faith in Recovery program
- Wellness and fitness activities
Our Sebring drug treatment programs are based on science, evidence, and experience of what works best in treating people with addiction. Banyan Treatment Centers Sebring is a leader in addiction treatment and will continually evolve and advance the use of evidence-based treatments to provide our clients with the best opportunities for long-term sobriety.
Some of the evidence-based psychotherapy programs used by our specialists include:
- 12 Step programming
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Interpersonal therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Psychoeducational groups
- Self-management and recovery training (SMART)
- & more
Inpatient addiction treatment focuses on stabilization and assessment of health to ensure that clients are physically, psychologically, and emotionally ready to learn about relapse prevention strategies and begin practicing recovery principles in their lives outside of rehab. For clients, the real test comes after treatment is completed.
This brings us to our alumni program. To ensure that clients stay on track and have support through challenging situations, the residential inpatient program at our Banyan Sebring rehab also offers an alumni program that provides aftercare services and support to clients who have completed their treatment programs.
Finding Residential Drug Treatment Near Me
If you’re searching for SUD rehab for yourself or a loved one, Banyan Sebring can help fulfill those recovery goals. Our drug and alcohol treatment programs create the foundation for lasting sobriety.