Whether the groom just completed alcohol abuse treatment or he simply doesn’t drink, you need to plan a drug and alcohol-free bachelor party for your best friend.
While you may be struggling to come up with ideas that are still fun, a bachelor party without alcohol doesn’t have to be lame or a downer.
Tips for A Sober Bachelor PartyThere are plenty of low-key bachelor party ideas that do not involve alcohol but can still make everyone happy. If you are the best man and need to plan a sober bachelor party for the guys, follow these tips to make sure the party is a success.
- Let the other guys know beforehand that this will be a bachelor party without alcohol. You want to make sure that everyone is in the right mindset and respect the groom’s wishes.
- Find an entertaining, unique, or exciting activity so that people forget all about not drinking. It can also be a good idea to make this an activity that typically must be done sober.
- When telling and inviting people, focus on talking up this activity to avoid people getting hung up on the alcohol-free part.
- Be careful who you invite. You obviously want the groom’s input, but be cautious of anyone who may not respect the groom’s request to not drink.
- Shoot for doing something in the daytime when people are less likely to be tempted to drink.
- Avoid the typical bar and club scene. This is especially important if the groom is sober and trying to avoid having to go back to treatment for a drug relapse.
- Focus on what the groom wants instead of getting carried away with what the guests will want. It is his bachelor party after all.
Alternative Bachelor Party IdeasContrary to popular belief, a bachelor party does not need to include a night of wild drinking, risqué entertainment, and a serious hangover the next morning. While alcohol seems like a staple for bachelor parties, it doesn’t have to be this way. As an addiction treatment center in Illinois, we know that alcohol is not the only way to have fun, and the best part of an alcohol-free bachelor party is that everyone will be able to remember it.
Some crowd-pleasing alternative bachelor party ideas may include:
- off-roading or mountain biking
- hunting or fishing trip
- poker night
- sporting event
- skiing or snowboarding
- batting cage
- rock climbing
- axe throwing
Remember, this is the groom’s bachelor party, so what he wants is the most important. If he requests a bachelor party without alcohol, then it is your job as the best man to give him a sober bachelor party that he will never forget.
If you or someone you love is currently struggling with alcohol or drugs, you can get back in control. There is no shame in asking for help and entering a PHP or other treatment program. At Banyan Treatment Center Chicago, we work with people to overcome their substance abuse problems and create better futures.