In 2015, 56% of adults reported drinking alcohol in the past month and 26.9% of adults reported binge drinking in that same amount of time. 
While a night out on the town drinking with your friends may seem like fun, there is a big difference between casual drinking and alcoholism. At Banyan Pompano, we understand that sometimes it can be difficult to determine when this line has been crossed. You may think that you are just having fun, but drinking in excess is a dangerous game.
Because April is Alcohol Awareness Month, it is the perfect time to evaluate where you stand because when drinking turns into alcoholism, you need to get help immediately. You may still be on the fence on whether or not you really need our addiction rehab in Pompano, so we are here to explain when alcohol becomes a problem and when you need to take action.
Am I or My Loved One an Alcoholic?
As providers of alcohol addiction treatment in Pompano, we see the problems that drinking can cause, and we want you to be able to recognize the signs of alcoholism so that you know when to get help. You may be teetering on whether or not you need help, but the most common signs that drinking has gone too far include:
- Craving alcohol, especially when you are feeling down
- Making excuses for your drinking (“It’s five o’clock somewhere.” “I had a bad day.”)
- Drinking alone
- Drinking throughout all hours of the day
- Drinking at work
- Considering yourself a highly-functioning alcoholic
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you are not drinking
- Drinking more because you have developed a tolerance
- Facing legal issues regarding your drinking habits
At our Banyan Pompano Treatment Center, we understand just how easily casual drinking turns into alcoholism. If you or someone you love is exhibiting many of the signs above, it is time to be honest and get help. As part of our substance abuse treatment in Pompano, we offer various levels of care including PHP and IOP programs so that you or your loved one can be in an environment that is favorable to a full recovery.
Do not hesitate to get the help you need. With April being Alcohol Awareness Month, now is the time to start your recovery.
Contact our drug and alcohol treatment center in Pompano at 888-280-4763 to learn more about how you, too, could have a sober and fulfilling life.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism- Alcohol Facts and Statistics