Signs of Alcohol Addiction
Alcoholism is a serious epidemic that affects numerous people and their loved ones on a daily basis. An alcohol addiction completely takes over your life and the effects can be life-threatening if you don’t properly treat it.
There are many warning signs to look out for if you suspect a family member is addicted to alcohol and needs professional help. Often, the addicted individual will not accept that they have a problem, or they may feel too ashamed to ask for help. Getting clean and changing your life for the better is possible and at Banyan Treatment Centers Stuart, we are here to help you detox from an alcohol addiction. We share with you the common signs of alcoholism and what to do if addiction is present.
The signs you should watch for when determining if an alcohol addiction is in full effect include:
- Regular blackouts from excessive drinking
- The craving to drink first thing in the morning once you wake up
- Not fulfilling your day-to-day responsibilities because of your drinking
- Your drinking habits are causing issues with your closest relationships and you are having trouble maintaining those relationships
- Constantly worrying about where your next drink will come from
- Withdrawal symptoms are present when you stop the alcohol consumption
If you are worried that your loved one may be suffering from this disease, look out for these warning signs and try to have a serious discussion with this person. An intervention may be required to get everyone on the same page.